Wooden parquet flooring was introduced in 1684 to replace the marble flooring that required constant washing, which tended to rot the joists beneath floors.
The Chevron pattern can be seen in early art antiquities including pottery and rock carvings. The pattern became popular during the Middle Ages where homemakers would sweep scattered sand on their dirt floors into the decorative chevron designs.
Windsor Parquet French Oak Chevron flooring consists of wood planks that are cut on a 35-degree angle and positioned in a V-shaped zig zag pattern and aligned for a perfectly straight axis.
Chevron design gives a room the appearance of space while adding dimension and elegance.
Windsor Parquet Chevron flooring features:
- 100% sustainable Solid French Oak
- Available raw or prefinished
- Tongue and groove joints
- Manufactured in our own purpose-built factory that is fully equipped with sophisticated woodworking machinery
- Environmentally sound end-to-end manufacturing production
- Versatile flooring that can be applied over many surfaces including concrete, timber, stairs and heated concrete flooring
- Quality craftsmanship that is backed by warranty
- Treated with exclusive Ciranova UV-cured oils
- Supplier to leading architects, interior designers and building contractors