Wooden parquet flooring was introduced in 1684 to replace the marble flooring that required constant washing, which tended to rot the joists beneath floors.
The distinct Herringbone V-shaped zig zag pattern dates back to the Roman Empire where it was used in road paving systems and in textiles and jewellery of ancient Egypt.
Windsor Parquet French Oak Herringbone flooring comprises wood planks cut in perfect rectangles and then angled at 45 degrees so the end of one plank meets the side of another.
Herringbone is a traditional design that makes a bold statement to bring any room to life, adding interest and depth.
Windsor Parquet Herringbone flooring features:
- 100% sustainable Solid French Oak
- Available raw or prefinished
- Tongue and groove joints
- Manufactured in our own purpose-built factory that is fully equipped with sophisticated woodworking machinery
- Environmentally sound end-to-end manufacturing production
- Versatile flooring that can be applied over many surfaces including concrete, timber, stairs and heated concrete flooring
- Quality craftsmanship that is backed by warranty
- Treated with exclusive Ciranova UV-cured oils
- Supplier to leading architects, interior designers and building contractors